HALLMARK CHANNEL’S ANNUAL HOLIDAY PROGRAMMING CELEBRATION ‘COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS’ CONTINUES RATINGS WINNING STREAK
Since “Countdown to Christmas” Launch, Hallmark Channel is Most-Watched Network Among Women 25-54
Hallmark Channel Reigns as #1-Rated Cable Network All Weekend in Total Day Among Households and Women 25-54 for Second Consecutive Weekend
Sister Channel Hallmark Movies & Mysteries Original Movie Premiere Breaks Records as Highest-Rated and Most-Watched Telecast in Network’s History Among All Key Demographics
New York, NY, November 15 – Hallmark Channel’s stalwart “Countdown to Christmas” campaign continues to score impressive ratings with its most recent original holiday movie premieres, “Every Christmas Has a Story” (Saturday, November 12) and “Christmas Cookies” (Sunday, November 13) catapulting the network to be #1 this past weekend in Total Day among Household and Women 25-54 ratings for the second consecutive weekend. Over the 16 days since the launch of “Countdown to Christmas,” Hallmark Channel is the most-watched cable network among Women 25-54.
Hallmark Movies & Mysteries’ annual holiday programming event the “Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas” also rang in ratings success with the new, original movie premiere “Finding Father Christmas” (Sunday, November 13) becoming the most-watched and highest-rated telecast in network history among Households, Women 18-49, Women 25-54, Adults 18-49, Adults 25-54 and Total Viewers.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Channel
- “Every Christmas Has a Story" averaged a 3.5 HH rating and 4 million Total Viewers
- Original movie was the highest-rated and most-watched Hallmark Channel telecast of 2016 among HH and Total Viewers
- Premiere was the #1 rated and most-watched program of the day among HH and W25-54
- In the 8-10 p.m. time period, “Every Christmas Has a Story” boosted Hallmark Channel to be the most-watched and highest-rated network among HH, W18-49, W25-54 and Total Viewers
- “Every Christmas Has a Story” attracted the week’s highest social audience compared to any original movie premiere on broadcast or cable across Facebook and Twitter
- “Christmas Cookies” averaged a 3.3 HH rating and 3.7 million Total Viewers
- Original movie was the 2nd highest HH rated ad-supported cable program of the day
- Premiere marked #1 rated ad-supported movie of the day among HH and W25-54
- “Christmas Cookies” was Facebook’s most social original movie premiere on broadcast or cable this week, attracting the most Unique People and the most Social Media Interactions on Facebook
- Both original movies trended on Twitter during their premieres
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+SD) for Hallmark Movies & Mysteries
- “Finding Father Christmas” averaged a 1.8 HH rating and 1.6 million Total Viewers
- Original movie was the week’s most socially engaging original movie premiere on broadcast or cable for Facebook and Twitter combined
- “Finding Father Christmas” trended on Twitter during its Sunday night premiere
For more information on Crown Media Family Networks’ original movie premieres, click on the titles below.
"Every Christmas Has a Story" starring Lori Loughlin and Colin Ferguson
"Christmas Cookies" starring Jill Wagner and Wes Brown
"Finding Father Christmas" starring Erin Krakow and Niall Matter
Source: Nielsen, November 7-13, 2016; Nielsen (10/28-11/13/16), Live+SD W25-54 impressions (000s), M-Su 6a-6a, ranked against all ad-supported cable networks; Nielsen Social Content Ratings; Twitter Analytics.
ABOUT CROWN MEDIA FAMILY NETWORKS
Crown Media Family Networks is the umbrella unit subsidiary of Hallmark Cards, Inc., housing cable’s leading family friendly networks, Hallmark Channel and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries, as well as their corresponding digital extensions HallmarkChannel.com and HallmarkMoviesandMysteries.com. The company operates and distributes both channels in high definition (HD) and standard definition (SD) with Hallmark Channel available to 90 million subscribers and Hallmark Movies & Mysteries in 67 million homes in the United States. Hallmark Channel features an ambitious slate of new, original content, including movies; scripted series, such as “When Calls the Heart,” and “Good Witch” and “Chesapeake Shores”; annual specials including “Hero Dog Awards”and “Kitten Bowl”; world premieres of Hallmark Hall of Fame presentations, and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.”Hallmark Channel is also home to the popular annual holiday franchise “Countdown to Christmas,”featuring a lineup of 24/7 holiday programming. Rounding out the network’s lineup are television’s most beloved comedy and drama series, including “The Golden Girls,”“The Middle,”“Frasier,” “Last Man Standing” and “Home Improvement.” Hallmark Movies & Mysteries is a separate 24-hour, digital cable network featuring a unique mix of new, original movies and acquired series focused on the lighter side of the suspense and mystery genres. The network also features its own annual holiday programming franchise, “Most Wonderful Movies of Christmas,” as well as presentations from the multi-award-winning Hallmark Hall of Fame library.
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.