HALLMARK CHANNEL’S ‘WHEN CALLS THE HEART’ CLOSES OUT SEASON SEVEN
AS #1 ORIGINAL SCRIPTED SERIES ON CABLE IN 2020 TO-DATE
Season Culminates on Heels of Banner First Quarter and April
New York, NY, May 1, 2020 – Hallmark Channel’s “When Calls the Heart”, which has built one of television’s most passionate fanbases (#Hearties), concluded its most-watched season in series history Sunday night, while also becoming the #1 original scripted cable series in 2020 to-date among Women 18+.
Averaging a 3.7 Household rating, 3.6 million Total Viewers, and 473,000 Women 25-54 on a L+3 basis, Sunday night’s Season Seven finale marked the highest-rated and most-watched episode in series history across key demographics. In addition, the program elevated Hallmark Channel to be the top entertainment cable network on weekends among Household rating and Women 18+ impressions throughout its Season Seven run.
These results come on the heels of a banner First Quarter, in which the network was the highest-rated entertainment cable network in Prime Time. The network continued its winning streak into April, becoming the top entertainment cable network in Weekend Total Day among Household rating and women 18+ impressions. April 2020 also ranks as the network’s most-watched April in a decade.
Key Nielsen Highlights (L+3)
Sunday, April 26 – “When Calls the Heart” Season Seven
- Season Seven finale averaged a 3.7 Household rating, 3.6 million Total Viewers, and 473,000 Women 25-54
- Finale was most-watched episode in series history among Households, Women 18-34, Women 18+, Adults 18-34, and Total Viewers
- Program ranks as most-watched original scripted series on ad-supported cable in 2020 to-date among Women 18+
- Most-watched season in series history among Households, Total Viewers, and Women 18+
Source: Nielsen Live+3 (12/30/2019-4/26/2020)
Network Highlights - First Quarter & April 2020 (L+SD)
- First Quarter - Highest-rated entertainment cable network in Primetime
- April 2020 - Highest rated entertainment cable network in Weekend Total Day
- April 2020 - Most-watched entertainment cable network among Women 18+ in Weekend Total Day
- April 2020 - #2 rated & most-watched entertainment cable network among Households and Women 18+
- Most-watched April in a decade among Households, Total Viewers, and Women 18+.
Source: Nielsen Live+SD for 1Q’20 (12/30/2019-3/26/2020) & Apr’20 (3/30-4/26/2020)
For photos and more information, please visit the link below:
"When Calls the Heart"
Contact: Allison Bennett, 212-445-6692 | AllisonBennett@CrownMedia.com
ABOUT HALLMARK CHANNEL
Hallmark Channel, owned by Hallmark Cards, Inc., is Crown Media Family Networks’ flagship 24-hour cable television network. As the country’s leading destination for quality family entertainment, Hallmark Channel delivers on the 100-year legacy of the Hallmark brand. The network features an ambitious lineup of original content, including movies; scripted primetime series; annual pet specials including, “Kitten Bowl”and “American Rescue Dog Show”; and a daily, two-hour lifestyle show, “Home & Family.” Additionally, Hallmark Channel is the exclusive home to world premiere presentations of the acclaimed Hallmark Hall of Fame franchise. Dedicated to helping viewers celebrate life’s special moments, Hallmark Channel also offers annual holiday programming franchises including “Countdown to Christmas” and many other seasonal offerings. Rounding out the network’s diverse slate are some of television’s most beloved comedies and series, including “The Golden Girls” and “Frasier.”
© Copyright 2017. All Rights Reserved.